I had a lovely time visiting with my dad this past Sunday.
I got to watch the classic Old Yeller for the first time (I've attached a link of the sing-a-long for those of you who need a little pick me up..."BEST DOGGONE DOG IN THE WEST!!" c'mon you know you wanna) and surprisingly enough I didn't cry as much as I was told I would...and that is truly surprising...just ask Shay she's experienced first hand my water works when it comes to movies.
Anyways back to my topic of choice...
"The International Silver String Submarine Band"
If you have yet to hear about these sensational musicians...what a shame and tough luck cause I'm pretty sure their all dead by now and they're career only peaked in the late '30's to mid '40's. Thats right I'm talking about The Little Rascals...the original ones. For the lucky ones out there who have watched these lovely episodes good for you cause there awesome...for the rest of you...www.youtube.com doesn't really have a good selection and www.hulu.com only has like 2 and they're just not good examples so you'd really have to just go out and buy the collection (totally worth the $50 in my oppinion) or rumage through some of your parents old VHS videos and hopefully find some buried away.
Anyways I'm posting this because my dad was awesome and actually owned a copy of some of the episodes and I would watch them all the time ever since I was little. He too actually watched them on tv back in the '50's (ya my parents are old) when he was like 6 or 7 every saturday morning. Well on sunday after Old Yeller "BEST DOGGONE DOG IN THE WEST!!"...I didn't hear you... got over I decided to pull out his old copies and watch them for a good laugh. LOVED IT!! So I wanted to share a vid pic with you all of one of my favorite episodes...
Sorry about the crappy version but this was the only clip I could find of "The International Silver String Submarine Band"
0 Reviews:
Post a Comment