December 24, 2009

"Santa Clause is Coming To Town" (Literally)

WARNING:
I am a bit profane in this post but deal with it I could be worse

So yes lame but I had to work on Christmas Eve, along with everyone else I'm sure. It really needs to be recognized as a government holiday and automatically scheduled off along with Christmas day. Also it should be a holiday like thanksgiving where it will always fall on a Thursday so then those of us who are lucky enough to have weekends off can take advantage of a 4 day weekend!!

Whose with me???

Anyways so I was leaving work today and still had a few last minute gifts to pick up. Holy Moley! I hate LAYTON CITY...I swear it's the worst traffic. I lived downtown during Christmas time and it was never even close to as bad as it is here. So I'm patiently waiting for my turn to turn left at this asinine intersection (those of you who are familiar with the territory, I'm talking about Antelope and Main) where I have been already in the lane for what seems like a life time and having to deal with people who can't read the

"DO NOT BLOCK INTERSECTION"

signs, seriously??? Well just as my grip on the steering wheel is becoming so tight that my knuckles are as white as ghosts, who do you think I see crossing traffic....Uh.... SANTA CLAUSE....Oh yes it is the Jolly ol' St. Nick himself chugging along on his bright orange tractor pulling a trailer with a decked out Christmas tree waving to all of the frustrated commuters. First off...I was not expecting this...I was half waiting for the rest of the parade to come through but nope it was just Santa.

I believe he was my guardian angel...because after I saw him fly through the intersection waving to everyone with this ear to ear smile made me almost immediatley calm down and laugh to myself...well no wait I do believe I LAUGHED OUT LOUD making me not to want to ram my car into the annoying suburban in front of me driving like an assclown, not like my car would do much damage but still.

So I then really wanted the light to change so I could turn and catch up to him...this I had to get a picture of. Well the light didn't turn as quick as I hoped but luckily for me tractors aren't that fast. I pulled up and got in front of him and was able to catch a snap of him out of my back window!


He was the cutest old man and I think that was his real beard too. He was having so much fun just waving to everyone and smiling...As I sped off I even saw him let go of the wheel and wave with both hands ...."LOOK NO HANDS" I pictured him saying :)

On a side note I was so happy to witness this little joy during my road rage. It really brought my Christmas Eve together and I was ready to celebrate this bitch tomorrow and finally get on to a new year.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE <----Me being politically correct.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Unless something amazing happens between now and Jan 1st I doubt I will posting anything until next year. Just to let ya'll know...I'm really lazy when it comes to blogging.

1 Reviews:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Celebrate this bitch? Kimbo you kill me. Merry Christmas love. Time to update our blog, knuckle head.