January 19, 2009

I've been crowned!!!

...........No not that kind of crown...although that would be lovely if i got to wear a crown all day and people would bow to me. I could definately get used to that.
No unfortunately this type of crown involved a trip to the dentist. Blah i hate the dentist but why pay for a dental plan if i never plan on going to the dentist? Well so i searched dentist's on my provider plan and found a dentist it was really nerve racking, soley basing it upon there name (c'mon you know you all do it). So i go to my appointment a little nervous as to what to expect...this is not the family dentist i've been going to my whole life (unfortunately they did not take my insurance). I walk in and immediately i felt like i was in some fancy dancy living room...i mean gas fireplace, yummy candle buring...oh my goodness this is an improvement as apposed to my old dentist. Well the secretary Lisa was super sweet, offered me water while i waited i mean i felt like i was a star. Which i think they should make all dentist office's like that since 90% of people are so nervous about going...this immediately calmed me down..., so after about 10 min of waiting i get called back...all the staff is so welcoming and nice and same with the dentist...the freaking chair i sit in was like some sort of micro suede hello...they have flat screen tv's and all so when you laid back its right in front of your face with satellite...boo yah! Well i found out i have to have 2 cavities filled and a CROWN! I've never had a crown before and its almost like a self-esteem crusher and a low blow to your teeth...

Well so i return about 2 weeks later and get the crown placed and cavities filled...there was a lot of drilling but that was drown out by the portable headphones they gave me...i was happy and content with watching king of queens plus i had the nitrous oxide (laughing gas) so it was a REALLY funny episode! They pamper you, the dental assistant covered me up with a really warm blanket it was nice. The only downfall is that since it was snowing the satellite went out but oh well. Well he finished drilling it only took about an hour which was not bad. I have another appointment on jan. 23 for two more cavities...jeez i didn't think my teeth were so bad, It must have been all those skittles. LOL...


ALL I CAN SAY IS TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH THEY'RE EXPENSIVE!!! but i guess they've got to pay for the suede chairs and flat screen tv's some how...hehe

OH AND DON'T FORGET TO FLOSS!!

<----see look how happy he is!




3 Reviews:

Brooke said...

Oh my, I can totally relate. We just went to the dentist last week, what an ordeal!! We had to have a consult just to figure out a freaking payment plan...isn't the insurance supposed to cover that?? Oh, and by-the-way, I need a crown too! I've never had one either...was it bad??

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

Kim Louise! (Remember when I used to call you that! ha ha!) YAY! I was so excited to hear from ya. We for sure need to go to lunch. When? Love the dentist story. You need to hook me up with this place!

Lacy said...

kim girl, send me your email, I am making our blog private and I want you to have access. mattandlacy@netzero.com

hugs,
cousin lacy ;)