All right so lately I've been thinking...
A few of my close friends have been concerned of my lifestyle and things that I have been focusing on to occupy my time (you know who you are). I feel that they have no idea of what there talking about. I mean going as far as calling me an addict...I think not. I am posting this blog to mainly get some feedback on whether or not you the reader would considered this an addiction.
Definition: Addiction: Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance; or The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.
So what would my so-called "addiction" be of?? I'm sure by now your thinking I've turned into some crazy whacked out crack head or something...nah that would be to predictable, well sure I have had my moments of pure craziness but that's a given if any of you know my extended family its in our genes...hehe...but no that is not what I'm talking about it doesn't even come close.
My so-called addiction would have to be
Animal Print (i.e. zebra, leopard, cheetah, giraffe)
Cheesy I know but hey what can a girl do? I have no idea what turned me on to the African safari theme perhaps i was a zebra or something in a past life...who knows but I love it and I can't help it. Over the years I have come up with quite a collection of the print and by just coming over to my apartment you can see it. I wouldn't consider it myself as an addiction but more of like a sense of personal taste...or decorating approach. (if you can't already tell by my background) You will be happy to know that I have made one rule for myself regarding this freakin' awesome habit.
***I will not wear animal print until i have at least reached the age of 65. This excludes items such as socks, scarfs, headbands/barrettes, or any type of accessory (i have plenty of those) But trust me when i turn 65 i will be in head to toe animal print ha ha...for some reason grandma's can rock that shit, if only you could see what some of my patients wear :) they look good and they know it. Leopard print purses are a must have for those hip, stylish grannies out there and I'm going to be one of them (when the day comes of coarse).***
Now I tend to use the zebra print more, I think out of all that's my most favorite design. How could you not love it. Following this blog I have uploaded just a few pictures of my collection mostly in my apartment. But don't forget to let me know what you think of this...Addict or Not?? You decide...
Lets start of with...
iPod.
This is actually just a zebra fleece blanket over a box (as if you couldn't tell) but hey it serves its purpose with style.
My Couches.
My awesome chair.
Other items that did not make the cut would be...
- checkbook
- zebra lining in my black pea coat
- scarf
- a christmas ornament made by lexi (she also made me my throw pillows on my couch)
- pj's
- candles
- and probably more I just can't remember them.
Don't worry I'm sure over the next few years I will accrue much, much more but hey this is a pretty good start. :)
3 Reviews:
looks like a possible addiction to me... at least according to the definition, but don't worry I won't judge you for it.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!
I love your blog!!!
Post a Comment