March 15, 2008

A year in review...

Okay so after my lovely introduction into this online world I figure I would give a review of what I've been up to lately to catch everybody up.

If you don't already know I moved down to Salt Lake City a little more than a year ago...mainly for work but I've always wanted to move out on my own and my job was just a little umph that gave me a good excuse to do it. I currently work up at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center in the Senior Clinic as a medical assistant, but I have high aspirations of continuing my education and fulfilling a long awaited goal in becoming a Registered Nurse. I just need to decide when to get off my butt and do it, but just thinking about it makes me exhausted, working full time and hitting up school full time too makes me want to put on my pj's and climb into bed. I've done it before and I know I can do it again but lately I've been enjoying my life as a young lady in her twenties... :) But no it's something that I've been thinking about a lot and is definitely in the near future. Anyways lets get back to my job...hands down I have one of the coolest jobs ever. A little background info...I work with 4 doctors, 3 of which who are Geriatricians and 1 who specializes in Internal Medicine. The majority of our patients are 65 and over, demented and/or clinically insane :) <--I smile at that fact because that just gives the work place a little bit of spice throughout the day. On a more sincere note I would say that most of my patients are and will be the most amazing people I will ever meet in my life. They have seen and experienced so many things that most of us have only text books and The History Channel to relate to. I could go on and on about my patients but I suppose I will save that for another blog in the near future. This blog is already ready becoming humongous (sp?) I can already hear the snores from reading it. I suppose I'll give the keyboard a rest for the night and save the rest for another day.

3 Reviews:

Brooke said...

Let me be the first to say that I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world. You crack me up girl! Can't wait to see more posts.

Anonymous said...

hey, I'm so glad you started a blog, I love it!!!

brook said...

Kim,

Since we are neighbors, why don't you come and see me? We could invite Peep and Vicente over and have a get together, like old times!

XOXO