March 2, 2009

Some Belated Weekend Updates...

...ok so i just got to work about 6:45...wow i actually made it to work 15 min earlier than I'm supposed too...impressive!! I can't wake up...i am literally at my desk typing this blog with my eyes closed...another impressive thing wow I'm on a roll (mmm tootsie rolls). Anyways Meleesa should be here soon and she makes a really good pot of coffee so hopefully I can make it until then...


In other news...my weekend was kind of bland nothing really exciting to report about. Ha ha Josie and her husband are trying to get me hooked on halo...okay I'm not that big of a nerd but seriously the more I play it the more fun it becomes sad I know but I'm getting the hang of it. Friday I rescued Taunie from her kids...the poor things wouldn't stop crying so I went to her house and tried to calm down Oliver long enough so she could shower at least. Oh motherhood how I can wait for you to come later on in life.



A few weeks ago Josie scored some tickets from the hospital to go to ballet wests performance of Madame Butterfly (We didn't go to the opera but that's the only picture i could find to show you) and asked me to be her date i was honored. I had never been to a ballet before and was excited we had really good seats like 5 rows from the front. It was at the capitol theater down town. It was fun we got all dressed up and went to dinner before hand. There was an opening performance called The Gong It was pretty cool - when i was little i used to take ballet and loved it - so it was fun but my hell was it long!!! holy cow my butt hurt before the main performance started. My favorite part of the night was at the second intermission, Josie and I were curious wanted to go and look down into the orchestra pit just to see I don't know we were bored...Well I'm wearing a skirt and these ridiculously good looking high heels that i had just bought that day...(P.S DSW rocks my world), anyways so were standing there and she goes to hold on to the barrier thing surrounding the pit and it wasn't as secure as she thought. Well when it moved she let out this loud scream of horror and grabbed my arm (let me remind you I don't wear heels i would have to say at least 2 times a month if that) well i lose my balance and have to grab onto some stranger and the poor little flute player or i should say the flautist below us had this frightening look on her face worried we were going to fall on top of her. Luckily we were able to gain control and before I could notice Josie was booking it back to our seats leaving me there to deal with the many looks that were drawn to us. I could see the headlines now "2 girls impaled by the wind section after falling into the orchestra pit" i guess its true what they say curiosity does kill the cat...we must have been the lucky ones who cheated our death (knock on wood)we did suffer some humiliation though. Overall the experience was one of a kind the performance was awesome and i felt a little bit more cultured than before that night.



Hmmm oh i have a new friend at work...one of my co-workers Tammy bought me a cute little cactus for my birthday and she put him in this big pretty blue pot. I named him Butch and he sits on the corner of my desk. He is so cute if you careful he will even let you pet him but only in downward strokes trust me. I don't have pictures yet due to me breaking my phone and having to use an old decrepit phone with no camera!!!


So I will show you a picture of this rad cactus man...hopefully one day Butch can grow up to look like him.


Anyways...I can't think of anything else to report about at the moment...I'm still trying to think of 25 unique things to write about myself I'm up to 8 so a few more to go and then I'll publish that post a little later. Well that's all for now. I'm trying to keep up on it.


Love,

Kim
P.S.
I just found out that Meleesa called in sick so I'm going to have to make my own coffee...oh why can't our hospital be cool and have a Starbucks in the lobby....LAME!!!










0 Reviews: