March 15, 2009

Logan, UT

Lately life has been a bit stressful with work, school, and money (among other things) and i just felt i had to get away i was thinking you know a nice warm beach in Mexico to just sit relax and sip some margarita's enjoy the sun well then i remembered dude get real you got work on Monday and school. So i called up my peep and planned a trip to good ol' Logan, UT. (almost Mexico but not quite)


Well for all of those who don't know my cousin/friend/peep Miss. Corey Ellen...well that's a shame. Even though we are cousins we have grown to be the bestest of friends. Well recently she decided moved up to Logan to pursue her education at the lovely Utah State University (fun). Well we had talked about me coming to visit and decided that last weekend would be perfect. I had a hilariously good time and just had to blog about it.



WARNING we're weird and sometimes our sense of humor doesn't make much sense to those who don't understand us but i love it and that's all that matters... :)

Well Saturday morning I woke up, showered packed a few necessities filled the car up with some gas and was on the road. I reached Logan about 12:15pm. First off we started the day out right which all would have to agree a little Cafe Rio does a body good...Psssh (don't believe that it goes straight to the badonkadonk but boy is it worth it). Next...since I had told Corey i was in much need for a vacation she decided to show me the lovely sights of this fine town. We past a few cemeteries (nice ground keeping), the mall, old houses, trees and little bit of snow. Well then she said that she wanted to show me campus well that's like half of Logan how could i leave with out checking it out. We took a few pics I'll post them so you can enjoy just like i did.

It was an exciting drive...her face says it all...

We stumbled upon a Hobby Lobby thought we'd stop in and cause a little trouble. Boy do they have some interesting things. Here are some of the treasures we found...
A giant pin wheel, something everyone must own. Luckily we
already have ours so we didn't have to make a purchase.

Next...A Zebra Print crucifix oh heavens this was awesome never before
have I seen one of these...now you can worship with style...that's the
way to do it. If any of you are familiar with one of my older posts i do
have an addiction to animal print, I didn't make a purchase it
just wasn't me but it was awesome, Corey thought so too.


We finally reached the campus and thought we would park the car, get out and explore a little bit and see what we could find if there was anything interesting. Well we were surprised with what we found...

Some metal sculpture along a path i thought it looked pretty neat and
had Corey pose, one word VOGUE.

This was called 'Synergy' I have no idea why, i didn't bother with reading
the whole script about it so i got about as far as the title but
hey it made a good picture.

The adventure got a little treacherous we had to scale several walls and
mountains to make it through.

How hard core are we???

Finally we found something that made this exploration of the campus all worth it...

The "A"

Hard to read but to some it up for you...basically if you want to become
a true Aggie this is how you do it. Find another true Aggie to kiss you
on top of this stone and poof there you go or if you can't find a true Aggie
you can kiss someone during the homecoming game and with a full
moon and poof again you're a true Aggie. Well unfortunately we had
neither options available so we managed.

In the eyes of the True Aggie Alumni this probably wont count
but in our heads it worked for us.

The Next Series of photos are pretty random. Corey had told me about some fun ways of taking pictures. Such as jumping off a curb or something high and then capturing the picture mid-air. I've seen this done before and we attempted it a few times but eh lets just say it didn't work. Next she brought up the term "Shake Face" uh ya had no clue what it was, but I guess while she was on her mission her and a companion had great fun with the idea. Basically you shake your face back and forth (remember to relax your face) and then snap the picture mid-shake and bam there was your shake face. Well here are some of our shake face pictures.

By far the best one

She is really good at it!

By the end of the night everyone was doing it

Even Weezer her roommates dog got into it
(Involuntary of coarse)
If you'd like more information about it click here, apparently i have been
left out of the loop on this shake face madness...google it there a
numerous websites about it. You learn something new everyday.
Well that pretty much sums up my weekend in Logan. I had a blast I left the next morning and drove home. I love Corey tons she'll always be my peep we've been peeps for years and hopefully years more.
Corey and I 2003

Corey and I 2009

I love you Peep!

4 Reviews:

Confidence with Corey said...

Wow! I must say I enjoyed reading this post quite a bit! We sure do have fun together don't we girl!? I miss you! Excellent post once again!

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

So so so fun. I love it. i really am slightly creeped out by all the hands on that statue though. you definitely have some mad wall climbing skills.

Brooke said...

Awww such fun!! I just love you cuz, and you're right, Corey is the best!! P.S. you can come visit anytime!!

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

I LOVE IT! Looks like so much fun! I need to get out and just goof off like that. Haven't done something like that in so long. When are we doing lunch? Free pretty much every day.