Well isn't this a nice surprise, it's been quite awhile since I have blogged I do apologize for that it is unacceptable I know.
Anyways a funny thing happened late yesterday...Well to start it off to give you a little background to the story. The clinic at the hospital that i work at was moved into a newer, more nicer building and I even get my very own desk, computer and phone extension...I feel so important now. Well anyways while we were preparing for the move I decided that since i get my very own desk i would want to decorate appropriately for my style...yes including animal print...ha ha *refer to previous post* Well I thought it would be fun if i bought a fish for my desk so i would have a little buddy to talk to in between patients.
Well so now that we are all moved into the new building it was time that i went and picked out my fish for my desk. So Lexi, Chelsi, and I all get in the car last night and head to wal-mart (p.s. wal-mart is the best late at night). So the fish in mind that i had was a Betta fish basically cause they are the least maintenance and him being at work i wouldn't have much time to attend his every need. Well so i picked out a dark blue pretty one. I also got a nice filtering tank with some rocks and even some coral decor. So then i set my eye on some African Dwarf Frogs (ADF's) they were only $3 so hell ya I had to have one. So yadda yadda yadda we made my purchase and were on our way.
So we get back to my house and we set it all up in my room put the frog (Robert) in the tank and then the Betta(Wally)...well the poor little frog who I named Robert was just scared to death, while big old Wally just rules the tank. Well then all hell broke loose and Wally ATTACKED at Robert and it happened so fast it was like Tasmanian devil. Robert was fine just a little shaken up. Boy was I fumed at Wally, that is not cool of him!! So i quickly removed wally from the tank and put him back in his little plastic container and stuck him in the corner of my room for a time out. What I don't get is that the label at Wal-Mart said that Betta's are okay to have ADF's as there tank mate HELLO!!! i don't think so.
Well I definitely won't be putting them back together i don't want Wally to get hungry and rip Robert to shreds! Well thought i would just share my story with y'all. I've decided that I'm separating the two from each other, I think it's for the best...I will take Wally to work with me and leave Robert at home, I might even get him a friend down the line so he isn't so lonely perhaps a lady friend *wink wink*
September 8, 2008
Attack of the Betta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Reviews:
Poor Robert!!!! That must have been traumatic, have you considered getting him into therapy? If he needs to talk just give me a jingle.
Love ya,
Auntie Pen
Post a Comment