October 4, 2009

...I know...I know...it's been awhile...

So I'm back with little demand...but hey whoever reads this...you're awesome.
Wow, so about 5 months it's been since I've last posted. I believe I was talking about the awesome trip to Pennsylvania I was going to take in August...well August came and left and I can now say that I've been farther east then South Dakota. :)
I have alot to update you about, but lets just take that one blog at a time. Will start this one off with my trip back east.

For all of you that know I have only been on an airplane once before in my life and I believe I was around the age of 7. Uh yeah I don't remember it. Lets just say I was a bit nervous for the actual traveling part of this trip. Not so much the fact of the plane crashing but more of me getting lost or missing my flight or accidently packing my weapons i.e. nail file or bazooka (only joking people!) Well so my flight had a layover in Detroit, sweet another state I can add to my list of places I've been. Okay that airport is huge, luckily i had an hour in between flights so I had just enough time to pee and wait for my next flight. P.S. lets not forget to mention all the cute soldiers I saw along the way...either coming home or flying out...let me just give a shout out to all the military men and women THANK YOU!! The Detroit also has this magnificent musical tunnel you have to walk through that is like walking through a rainbow there are dancing lights all over the walls and music playing...pretty sweet...click the link to check it out!


One thing I discovered on my journey is "I HATE HUMIDITY", you know that part of your arm where you elbow bends...who knew I could sweat from there....HaHa! Anyways I finally landed in PA and Shay was awaiting my arrival.
First of all I'd like to say its very green there and there are trees everywhere...even though there aren't any mountains all the trees make you feel like your up in the mountains. I'm going to stop talking and just post pictures and explain them from there...visual aides are much more entertaining...enjoy...


This is the Jigger Shop located in Mt. Gretna, PA. Shay and the fam took me there for a yummy ice cream treat...my favorite.

Trivia ?? What is PA's #1 crop grown and sold???

If you guessed corn....you're wrong

haha just kidding. I've never seen so much corn in my life!! P.S. shay did you ever capture that picture of the amazing corn fields for Stan??

Of course how could we not visit Amish Village...the tour of the Amish house was worth more then the $7 bucks I forked over. Not very many pictures posted from that adventure since I looked crappy in pretty much all of them but I'm sure you could google and find some.

The amish boys showing off there buggies trying to impress the ladies...if you thought cruising the Boulevard in Ogden was fun...wait until you get a load of this. Just watch out for the horse shit!

Monday...

Okay so onto the rest of our adventure...Monday morning we decided to tak a little trip to our nations capital...



Cheese...breakfast of champions...much needed for our 2 hour drive to D.C.

One thing I'm glad to live without in utah...although it's not so bad when there is a cute guy in the toll booth. Shay you should have got his number!!

This is pretty much what it looked like the whole ride there until you took your exit.

The White House looks much bigger on T.V. Not that impressed

Washington Monument

Washington Monument View from the Lincoln Memorial

Abe, to me he looks angry I could imagine him wanting to just yell at everyone there

"Get out of my Monument!!"

They didn't call him honest Abe for nothing.

Some man just walked up and offered to take our picture...how nice of him.

Ya thats right..."This is the place!"

Shay giving a shout out


Vietnam Veterans Memorial

Ya I took that...It turned out pretty good

Arlington Cemetary


Washington Monument viewed from Arlington

(as if you can't tell)

One of my favorite parts of our D.C. trip...

The next few pictures are thanks to shay because I decided that I would video record the whole 'Changing of the Guard' but who knew my digital camera had such crappy speakers so it didn't turn out so good. So here is a look at it in still frames.

Very Emotional

I don't think I could describe the trip to Arlington in words...its one of those places you'll just have to see for yourself. One word I can think of... ...Breathtaking


On our way home to Lebanon, PA Singing at the top of our lungs!

Tuesday....

We decided to drive another 2 hours (in a different direction) and head to New Jersey to go to Six Flags...Awesome. I didn't take but one or two pictures of this, only because it was so bloody hot that I was a mess and they would have just all been deleted.

In the parking lot

At the zoo in six flags...This one only turned out okay because its in black and white.

Thats it from that day...

Thursday...

Hershey Park in PA!!

This day wasn't as hot as the other outings prior but there still is little proof by pictures, what can I say I'm not good at capturing the moment via camera. Sorry

There was a waterpark there so we wore our swimsuits...it was awesome.

We were pretty much exhausted by this day if you can't tell by shay's expression

Friday...

We went to the Green Dragon. Which is basically a huge flea market here. It was awesome. It was just Shay, her mother and I all day, very fun I've missed you Jan!

Highlights of the trip are as follows...

Actual sign posted...how considerate!

Actually I never saw one police car the whole trip there.


Jamming out to Stan's Boyz II Men CD.

  • Seeing Andrew!
  • Seeing fire flies for the first time
  • Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
  • The pouring rain
  • Best of all, all the new memories and inside jokes made with shay


    The Lowlights (is that a word?)
  • The Humidity
  • Not knowing where I was
  • Not having the mountains as my compass
  • And worst of all...My 11 hour flight delay on the ride home in the Detroit Airport


Well I'm sure there is lots of details I've left out...but heavens this is getting to be a mighty long post so I best cut it short. Just want to say thanks to Shay for letting me stay with her and her family!! Love you all!!

2 Reviews:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I love it! I love that you remember the days that we did those things... cuz i know is sure as hell don't. I should've gotten that hot guys number huh. I forgot that i made an ass out of myself that day:) We'll vacation together again. i'm thinking we need to go on a cruise again. minus my entire famdamly.

Brooke said...

I'm jealous of your trip! Sending some love right back!!